LCWRA Back Payments (but with a weird complication) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Back Payments (but with a weird complication)

Paul2020
Paul2020 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there. Where to begin.
Have so on-going medical conditions (Polyneuropathy and many other things)
For the longest time I was in the ESA support group and everything was fine- I was also getting PIP then I was then Re-assessed late June 2019 and failed my PIP examination so I appealed.
That's just the start.
When this happened my ESA (support group) benefits also stopped and I was forced to claim JSA (but I did start to supply sick notes as advised) as some of you may be aware you can do this for up to 13 weeks ) I was hoping that a new WCA assessment would happen during this period but it didn't. I had no choice but to switch to UC and wait it out.
Eventually I got an appointment on 30th November 2019 and discovered via my Journal on 22nd 2020 that they had actually found me with a Limited Capability for Work (That's great news I thought) - I've read up on the fact that they hold back three months so my UC started back at the beginning NOV 2020 but my sick notes go back to the days of the time when my ESA (support group) collapsed and I had to clam JSA under duress  (I must add).So I have sick notes all the way back to June 2019.
My January claim came out as the standard single male UC amount.

My question is; Does the LCWRA only work from the UC part of the claim or will it go back to June 2019. I'm asking because i have a feeling this is going to get screwy because UC & ESA/JSA departments communicating with each other is like trying to teach braille to a sperm whale.  So I though I'd ask for some help and advice before I started to confront the back payment issue on my own; the PDF document is extremely vague (to say the least) on the UC Journal it's just a bog-standard reply
Any advice would be helpful... I hope I've made that clear enough.

Many thanks for your help in advance
Paul

Comments

• Paul2020
    Paul2020 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'll obviously make a donation to SCOPE for the assistance when I finally get this sorted out - it's been really hard crashing down to basically £60 a week for the last 7/8 months. Thank God for Food Banks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

One of the things that jumps out to me is why did your ESA stop after your PIP? what was the reason you claimed JSA? Were you also found fit for work and that's why you claimed JSA?

when you were claiming ESA were you also receiving the severe disability premium in with it because unless you were then the only JSA that was possible to claim in June 2019 was New style JSA and this is based on your NI contributions from working in the previous 2 years.

Also for the work capability assessment for UC was the decision limited capability for work (LCW) or limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA)

Sorry for the questions but once i have those answers i'll be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paul2020 and a warm welcome to the community!

How are you getting on?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.