Cut me to standard rate for Mobility, advice please! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cut me to standard rate for Mobility, advice please!

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Joe1999 - I'm unsure if this is relevant to yourself in Northern Ireland, but, like yourself, I was awarded 10 points for PIP's mobility component. I also had 10 points for the daily living component. I went for a Mandatory Reconsideration, putting it in writing, asking the DWP to look at the mobility component (whilst being aware that they look at the whole award). I received an additional point for the daily living component, & an additional 2 points for the mobility component. So, yes, for me my MR was successful. But, I think I'm one of the few (about 15%) that have their award increased.
    Please be aware, that your diagnoses are not taken into account. Consider 2 people with the same diagnosis, but they're most likely affected differently. So PIP is all about how your disability affects you against the descriptors relating to the daily living &/or the mobility component of PIP.
    I wish you all the best with your MR, as it seems you've applied. Please do let us know how you get on.

• Joe1999
    Joe1999 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. I think it’s the same but just looked at the points aways there and I couldn’t get another 2 points it would have to be at least 4. It’s good to know that it’s how it affects you. My GP has written a letter how my condition affects me which was not submitted on the original assessment. But as people say it will most likely go to a tribunal 
  • Joe1999
    Joe1999 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    And yes of course I will let you know how I get on.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.