X Ray results — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

X Ray results

OSCAR1
OSCAR1 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
Hi all went to see the nurse last week  Wednesday for yearly check up because I have ipf I told her that over christmas I had a cold and was coughing up blood so she arranged I went for an x Ray that day I went they told me to contact my g.p. In a week for results I called in yesterday still not got them but I, m in with doc tomorrow for something else so I, m hoping my results are back and that it's good news because in the back of my mind I, m thinking if anything had progressed or worse surely the hospital would of rang my g.p. for my  g.p. to contact me... 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear you experienced this @OSCAR1 I know it can be daunting get test results. In my experience, after a test I've only been contacted if something was wrong. Half the time they never contact when results come back clear.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Not being called by doctors even when they say they will seems to be becoming the norm now. I was supposed to have an X-ray after being on antibiotics 4 times in the last 2 months but cannot arrange transport due to hospital transport not being available for GP referrals, only hospital referrals. I did have an X-ray before Xmas but it was inconclusive so they sent me home on antibiotics and aspirin treating both a possible chest infection and possible heart attack, evidently they couldn't tell the difference and wanted the bed.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    I had an x-ray 3 weeks ago and was told twice that the result hadn't come through to the surgery. Yesterday at a separate hospital appointment I enquired yet again and was told everything was all clear, but in the year 2020 when communication electronically is instant worldwide why do they still use snail mail?

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• OSCAR1
    OSCAR1 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Hi all been docs this morning on my x Ray results there's no change but doc said x rays won't show everything like a ct scan would so seeing consultant this month and going to ask for one 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Topkitten said:
    Not being called by doctors even when they say they will seems to be becoming the norm now. I was supposed to have an X-ray after being on antibiotics 4 times in the last 2 months but cannot arrange transport due to hospital transport not being available for GP referrals, only hospital referrals. I did have an X-ray before Xmas but it was inconclusive so they sent me home on antibiotics and aspirin treating both a possible chest infection and possible heart attack, evidently they couldn't tell the difference and wanted the bed.

TK

Hi Topkitten, sorry to hear you`ve not been so good. I thought whoever did a referral had to pay for transport! Doesn't make sense, does it? And doesn't a blood test, looking for a certain enzyme, tell if you`ve had a heart attack?

Hope things improve for you.

Pollsxx

Brightness