Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Mandie_T49
Mandie_T49 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone I'm currently working full time but don't know how much longer I can go on. So far since Xmas I've had 14 days off sick due to my servere anxiety and depression I get violently sick with it. Every day I hate leaving my house I only feel safe in my home or at work. I've been in same job for 10 years. Here's my story my younger brother got murdered up Scotland he was only 32 and my world I bought him up as a baby so to me it was like losing a child. Since he was taken my life has brokenHe  was  murdered in 2012. The worst thing somebody said to me once including a doctor saying I should be over this by now.
I'm on 200mg sertraline, sleeping tablets gabapentin. Sickness tablets I'm ashamed to admit but where I have nightmares I pee the bed where I have nightmares. I currently get middle rate pip but have got another assessment next Tues as I'm on more medication than before they awarded me the middle rate pip. I have been to the mental health clinic they said complex grief but another said P.T.S.D which is what I thi mk it is. But nobody seems to want to know. I actually had a breakdown last year didn't know where I was for 6 days talking Jibber talk to my husband. It was awful for both of us as he had to look after me. Anybody had similar experiences.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ Madie_T49, hello and welcome. As you may know PIP is a benefit awarded in relation to the PIP descriptiors. Have you done a self test to see how you would fair? PIP is not awarded on a diagnosis or illness or the amount of prescription drugs you are taking, so reading and understanding how your condition will look, fit into the PIP descriptiors as far as scoring points to be awarded any benefits. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mandie - I would also like to welcome you to this very supportive community. I'm most dreadfully sorry to read your story concerning your brother, & how things have since understandably impacted on your well-being adversely.
    As wilko says Pip is about how your disability affects you looking at the 2 components of PIP. Have you been able to get any new evidence to support your PIP claim, as you could take this with you next Tuesday? I hope your husband will be able to go with you to your assessment too.
    Please do talk here any time, & take the very best care of yourself.
  • Mandie_T49
    Mandie_T49 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi all, this has affected my day to day living terribly every waking moment I want revenge for them that murdered my brother. Even to the point where I have even tracked down one of there address's. To the point I get the sickness for about 3-4 days. Then got to go sick in work, I hate feelin like this I really do but I can't help it. I'm aggressive I've cut everybody out of my life. I got to work a night shift so I'm not around people durin the day. I don't like people coming to my home. I don't visit anybody. This has affected me so so badly nobody will ever know.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mandie_T49, I'm so sorry to hear this. Things have been awfully difficult for you, I'm not surprised things have been really hard for you.

Have you heard of Cruise? They offer bereavement support and advice which you might find helpful.

How are things doing at the moment?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.