I don’t understand it do I have any chance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I don’t understand it do I have any chance

IneedHelp
IneedHelp Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Comments

• IneedHelp
    I don’t think I can face my assessment the idea of going makes me so scared I don’t know what to do. 
    I don’t go to the doctors or anywhere but I need help.

I can’t talk to people unless I prepare what I say like a script. 

How can I go to an assessment and answer questions I don’t know what will be asked.

I’m too scared. 

Does anyone have asvice to cope with assessments? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You really haven't given any information for anyone to be able to help you. I'm assuming that this is a PIP assessment because you've posted in the PIP part of the forum, is that correct? If so is it a first time claim, a review or a transfer from DLA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Check out the descriptors in the link below and see if any of them apply to you:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

If enough of them do then yes you should qualify. You need to score at least 8 points in either the “daily living” or “mobility” sections to qualify for PIP.
  • IneedHelp
    Please can any 1 tell me what I will be asked at this assessment and the work assessment as well? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    IneedHelp said:
    Please can any 1 tell me what I will be asked at this assessment and the work assessment as well? 

For the PIP assessment you'll need to verify what you wrote in the form and answer any additional questions they have. What they ask you will totally depend on how your conditions affect you. As everyone is different then no one can tell you exactly what they will ask.

You will be watched from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave so do be aware of that.

For the work capability assessment then it's very much the same but has different criteria and for this you'll be assessed on your ability to do any type of work. They will want to know how your conditions affect you in a typical day. Again, no one can tell you what they will ask because it differs for everyone.

Hope this helps. Good luck for both.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope that's helped @IneedHelp. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.