UC LCWRA ASSESSMENT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC LCWRA ASSESSMENT

BOOKIE68
BOOKIE68 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
Hi everyone ? I'm new on here really lovely to speak to you all! 
I just wondered if anyone could tell me if everyone has to go for a lcwra assessment?? I sent provided my 1st fit note on the 5th December also sent back my uc50 form , but as yet I've heard nothing back, I am already receiving enhanced rate pip for care and enhanced rate for mobility, due to be re assessed 2029 , my husband is my full time career as i can't care for myself  even feed myself,..does anyone have any Idea if I will need an assessment?? 
Thank you Xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Yes most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based one. I'd advise you to expect the assessment, this way if one is needed and you're sent an appointment letter then it won't be too much of a shock.

PIp doesn't automatically entitle you to limited capability for work.

There's no timescales for how long the wait is for this. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BOOKIE68
    Thank you for your help and reply I really appreciate it ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @BOOKIE68
    Hello and welcome to the community I see poppy has answered your query. The waiting times differ depending on location. When I went through this I submitted my fit note in Jan and had my assessment in may got decision in June and was found fit for work so did MR and got same outcome so went to tribunal which was following feb where I won my case and was awarded LCWRA. Hopefully you get a good outcome from assessment. 

• BOOKIE68
    Hi  ?Janer1967 thank you so much for taking the time to let me no about your waiting time , it's so frustrating having to wait such a long time! I suffer horrendous anxiety and I would love to just get it over and done with, can you tell me at all what happens on the assessment, are they similar to pip assessments 
    Thank you Xx
  • poppy123456
    They are similar to a PIP assessment but they have very different criteria. The work capability assessment is about the work you can do and not the work you can't do and this is what they will assess you for. Like the PIP assessment they will want you to verify what you wrote in the form as well as answer any additional questions they ask. What they ask will depend on how your conditions affect you in a typical day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    Yes it is quite similar to PIP assessment. They are trying to establish what sort of work you are capable of if any based on your condition. Look at your uc50 form in advance to remind you what you put on the form as the assessment is looking at same. Any other queries I can help you with just ask. 
  • BOOKIE68
    Thank you so very much! Really appreciate it Xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck @BOOKIE68! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• BOOKIE68
    Hi & thank you! Yes I will do , hopefully I won't be waiting to much longer ? X
  • BOOKIE68
    Hi everyone ? I have just had my letter to go for my uc work assessment on Wednesday 26th , I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of how long the assessment lasts for & what happens when you go ?? I have been on 3 pip assessments in the past so you would think that I am used to them but I am feeling very nervous and anxious about this one ! I suffer horrendously with anxiety and this has really got to me , any advice would be greatly appreciated ?
    X
  • poppy123456
    It really depends on what they ask you as to how long the assessment it and it differs for everyone. Some are only there for about 15 minutes and others for longer than an hour. There's really no length of time, just like the PIP assessment.

What they ask you will depend on your conditions and how they affect you. It's very similar to the PIP assessment but the criteria is different. If you kept a copy of the form you filled in then have a read of that before the assessment because part of it will be to verify what you wrote in the form, as well as any additional information they ask. You will be assessed on your ability to do any type of work.

This link may help, although it says ESA, it's still the work capability assessment and is exactly the same process.

These assessments can make us feel very anxious, if you have someone that can go with you then this may help with any exiety you're feeling.

Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.