Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

Options
Ladybird1
Ladybird1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
After a very long wait of a year I finally had my PIP tribunal.DWP didn't bother to turn up.judge awarded me high rate mobility before we began and asked a few questions before awarding high rate care.judge also made the award for 5 yrs.I had a change in condition July 18 but backdating from November 18 when they made their decision.it's been a very sressful,long journey.now I want what they owe me.don't see why I should wait when they didn't bother to show up

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Great news on the Tribunal decision. It can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money and about the same time to put your award into payment. Unfortunately, backlogs cause delays. DWP also have as much chance that we do to appeal the decision. To do this they have 1 month from the date to request the statement of reasons. Once they receive this, they must find an error in law before they can appeal the decision.

They sometimes request the SOR but rarely appeal the decision. All you can do now is wait, i'm afraid. Hopefully not much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ladybird1 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear about DWP and your PIP tribunal.  I'm not experienced with benefits myself, but will tag in one of our Community Champions, @poppy123456, to see if she can advise you on this.  She is very experienced with DWP matters.

Hi @poppy123456, can you please advise @Ladybird1 on the above?  Many thanks, @Ails:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • OSCAR1
    OSCAR1 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    Well done on your appeal win your case sounds like mine was I was in there 5 mins awarded high rate for both components and awarded for 7 years it took about 5 weeks to get backdated money the judge could, nt believe I was brought before the tribunal judges its criminal how the assessors and the DWP think they can get away with it once again well done
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Ladybird1, great news! I hope you can get it all sorted soon. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.