Am I owed money? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I owed money?

dolores
dolores Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was paid my pip on the 9 of January and it was stopped on the 11 I am wondering if I am owed money 

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    Hi @dalares

I am one of the community champions a team of volunteers that welcome new members and give advice I’m sure somebody will be along to be able to answer your question but for now I just wanted to welcome you to the community ?
  • dolores
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope. What was the reason it was stopped? was it because your award came to an end, or because you had a review and you weren't awarded?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dolores - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining. I'm sorry you're having problems with your PIP. If you would answer Poppy's questions, she will be able to help you further. :)
  • dolores
    It’s because I had a review and they stopped it and I have more wrong with me 
  • poppy123456
    Then it will depend when the decision was made. Sometimes they backdate the decision a few weeks, which means you may end up owing them some money. If you've received a decision letter then it will tell you on there what you're owed. If it doesn't then you'll need to ring DWP and ask but expect not to receive any further payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dolores
    I was paid on 9 January and they stopped on the 11 I was paid 16 pound today 
  • poppy123456
    That £16 will be your last payment. You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the mandatory reconsideration.
  • dolores
    I have they have give me up until 2 April to have everything in 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dolores and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Good luck with PIP and please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • dolores
    His there any one you can suggest if I have to go to appeal I can we take with me 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have a family member or friend you can take along, @dolores?  It is a good idea to take someone along for moral support.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • dolores
    my family all in Belfast I have my son and daughter but both in uni I don’t have any friends here in Leeds been here 11 years 
  • poppy123456
    Use this link to see what advice agency is local to you by putting your postcode in. https://advicelocal.uk/ advice agencies like welfare rights or a law centre will represent you at a Tribunal hearing. If you can get help like this then it increases your chances even further to a decision in your favour at Tribunal.

Do be aware though that whether you're represented or you have a family member with you, you will need to answer all the questions in your own words. The panel will want to hear it from you how your conditions affect you. Representation will present your case to the Tribunal.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dolores, how are things going?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.