Tell me about your pets - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell me about your pets

Comments

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    I got a rescue shih-tzu in 2006, he was 2yo at the time. He was a very gentle, sweet dog who just liked to sit on your lap, anyones lap, and be cuddled and fussed. I got him registered as a Pets As Therapy dog and he went to 3 care homes. He was great, if someone was bed ridden sometimes he was allowed to lay on the bed next to them so they could stroke him. He had a lot of friends. He died 2 years ago today, of dementia. In Heaven xx
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Whileibreathihope:
    All mine sleep on the bed. I know too that some people will not like that idea, but at least I know what they are up to and that they're ok. Amy comes under the duvet on cold nights...
    Bedding changed regularly and we don’t allow wet feet.
    ours likes 15mins of cuddle time and then sleeps in his bed or on end of the bed.

A pet gives structure as needs feeding, grooming and toilet breaks etc- ours has a playful sense of humour and shows a fang like a smile when in playful mood.
    Can be very vocal and bite inhibition very good, sounds like it is eating someone, while not leaving slightest mark on a fingers.

Think if someone broke in they would get in, not sure they would leave though.

however would never trust any animal 100% with children to be sure, but my he is very gentle supervised with my toddler niece.

Daughter not very well today, so he sat in lounge bed on floor with her on sofa all day.
  • Bettahm
    Whileibreathihope:
    Yours sounds a lovely guy xx. I used to have a TT who seemed to sense when I wasnt feeling well and use to curl up with me. She was a rescue, 6yo when I got her. Gentle dog, but she didn't like visitors. Used to walk up and down in front of them, barking constantly. She was very good at getting rid of people!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a 6 year old indoor pure white cat (blue eyes) called Alfie. Well, i think he's a cat but possibly part human too lol. Love him to bits and couldn't imagine being without him. He rules the house, for sure.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Whileibreathihope:
    All mine sleep on the bed. I know too that some people will not like that idea, but at least I know what they are up to and that they're ok. Amy comes under the duvet on cold nights...
    my leccky blanket and fleece bedding are cat magnets I have no chance of budging him off the bed. we just snuggle up together and listen to the radio or audiobooks. two old codgers happy together :)

• Bettahm
    Lol. Glad to hear it. I have a sneaking suspicion more people allow their pets on the bed then are letting on...mrbuttons said:
    Whileibreathihope:
    my leccky blanket and fleece bedding are cat magnets I have no chance of budging him off the bed. we just snuggle up together and listen to the radio or audiobooks. two old codgers happy together :)

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice little menagerie you have there Chloe! One of my dogs is blind and deaf. Shes 14yo. I have 5 altogether.

April2018mom, which fish? I've had loads but I bred killifish back in the 80's. Had 18 tanks in all at that point. Not all killifish, but 18 altogether.
    Goldfish. Right now Christmas is snoozing. 
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Mr buttons has been driving me nuts hes been humping my furry blanket which covers the botttom of my bed. I know its only natural and reduces his anxiety. I just wish he didnt do whilst i am trying to sleep.
  • Bettahm
    MrButtons:
    My dogs are the same, although they are all neutered, its blankets and each other mainly, but not often, just occassionally. Suppose it is some kind of natural 'animal' impulse. Doesnt really bother me  but suppose it might upset some people.
  • daniellelinleyx
    daniellelinleyx Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    I have 3 guinea pigs, all males. Handsome, Bruno & Roy. 
  • Bettahm
    Daniellelinleyx:
    Hi, what variety? I had 2 Peruvians and a short haired one. They make lovely gentle pets dont they. Dont think schools do this now, but when I was a kid we had school pets, newts and Guinea pigs etc. Taught us how to care for and respect living things. Anybody know a school that still has pets?
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    mrbuttons said:
    here he is looking very serious and sad he has the most mournful eyes. But I just love him to bits
    He's beautiful. Those markings x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    He is gorgeous @mrbuttons!  My wee Christy is ginger and white too!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous

I thought I'd revive this post with a picture of Smidge my calico beasty. She'll be 11 this year. She loves dreamies and the sound of my bedroom draw opening (as this signals dreamies). She hates being told off and will shout back at you. This is a rare photo where she didn't turn away as soon as she sees the camera. ?
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • Bettahm
    @LouiseH
    Shes gorgeous! I do love calico cats. Such interesting patterns. She looks a sweetie too.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Smidge is a beauty @LouiseH!  I love her markings!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    @Ails thank you :smile: I keep calling her beautiful, she's probably got such a big head really ?

@Franstrahan I love calicos too, they're so unique and her fur is lovely, it's soft like kitten fur. 
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    She's so cute @LouiseH
    Scope

• Bettahm

No shes not mine, but I can wish...
    This is Ebony, at Sunset Farm

Brightness