Tips for my interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tips for my interview

jabeen
jabeen Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi
This morning I've received a letter for my pip appointment, which is on 24th Feb. 
I need some tips for my interview. 
I'm dead scared don't know what will happen. Can you please help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you kept a copy of the form you returned then id advise you to have a read of that before the day. Part of the assessment will be for you to confirm what you wrote in the form as well as any additional information required. No one can tell you exactly what you’ll be asked because it depends how your conditions affect you and everyone’s assessment is different.

You will be watched also so do be aware of that.

You can take someone with you but you’ll be expected to answer all the questions yourself, unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to answer the questions on your behalf. 

Once you’ve had the assessment wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Good luck. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Florine
    Florine Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck @jabeen, please do let us know how you get on.. :)
    Scope

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Be honest, try and concentrate on the care/mobility problems you have and not the illness/condition itself, its not usually as scary as you might think and as poppy says bare in mind you will be watched as you arrive and as you leave.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.