Hi, my name is shellster! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is shellster!

shellster
shellster Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi there everyone Im a little worried about posting as im not the best when it comes to explaining my problem but after reading a few posts /replies I'm giving it a go. .My recent pip review has left me with under half of my monthly rate. A significant reduction in daily care points with a degenerative desease ..am I miraculous healing 
I hope to learn where I go wrong when I'm faced with unfamiliar ppl on occasions talking rubbish( as I describe it )when I get nervous...More recently my reassessment of my 3year Pip award. I also need some  help understanding how a request for occupational therapy form describing some of my physical problems means ive had change in circumstances .. so hopefully I can get some sleep in the next month :-)

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    Hi @shellster

I’m going to community champions a team of volunteers that welcome new members and give advice don’t be too worried about posting on the community we’re all friendly here to support. 

Welcome to the Community ?
  • shellster
    Thank you ,I hope to make great use of your community :-)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

If you've had a recent decision on a PIP claim that you're not happy with then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)

You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times are huge across most of the country and some are waiting as long as a year for a hearing date.

Sorry but i'm not sure what you mean by this.

"You need some  help understanding how a request for occupational therapy form describing some of my physical problems means ive had change in circumstances"?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shellster
    Hi  Poppy  soo when I needed help with my pip assesment  form I was sent to a "health professional" who works advising local people in the community and assisting with all the things our citizens advice dont have the time or appointments for. This lady did a core therapy referral  form for me to occupational therapy and said I should take it along with me as evidence on the day as it had a short rundown of my health (the same as I had 3yrs before)   Realising she was then basically writing" no change "in every question I didn't  mind as I  hadnt had a bad experience with the face to face Pip appointment 3yrs ago although I was in assisted housing then so I had a support worker with me in the waiting room , so I thought id be ok this time .
    Short version is the assessor reported that as I wasnt aware the added info meant a change In circumstance she'd let me off , !? but I got my pip halved and lost my disability premium on my jsa too.  Im now attempting my letter for mandatory reconsideration letter but im terrified il lose even more of the money that helps with my travel and prevents me being alone for weeks at a time when I am at my worst.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, writing "no change" on the forms and nothing else isn't the greatest idea. All claims should be treated as a new claim by all claimants.

I'd advise you to do what i advised in my previous comment. Adding those examples for each descriptor that applies will really help.

Most MR decisions remain the same but it's also possible to lose points and lose the award you already have. The same as it's also possible to have your award increased. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to your current award by requesting the MR. For this you'll need to get some expert face to face advice from an agency near you. This link will help you find what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shellster
    Thank you . I have an appointment march 5th so I had to get an extension but hopefully it will will be sorted out one way or the other in the meantime I count my blessings and be grateful for them .:-)  :)

Brightness