Awarded 2 points from pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded 2 points from pip

danzoo7
danzoo7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I just got my pip letter confirming I was awarded just 2 points from my assesment. I suffer severe anxiety and depression which is documented as a long term active illness on my GP history for 10+ years. Is it worth putting in a mandatory consideration or is my score to low? Anyone who has had a similar experience? Thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @danzoo7 and I'm sorry to hear what has happened. PiP isn't based on a diagnosis, it is based on how your illnesses affect your ability to carry out daily tasks. Do you feel that what was stated in your report was fair?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • danzoo7
    danzoo7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ami2301 said:
    Welcome to the community @danzoo7 and I'm sorry to hear what has happened. PiP isn't based on a diagnosis, it is based on how your illnesses affect your ability to carry out daily tasks. Do you feel that what was stated in your report was fair?
    Hi ami2301 I guess overall no I feel alot of the questions that the assessor marked are not true or as I answered. I just read another post that said about going to my local MP for advice or assistance with it. I was just wondering what the chances of getting a 2 point to an 8 would be. Thank you
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately we cannot predict the likelihood of your points being increased, did you provide evidence with your application form?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Hello @danzoo7   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions like my friend @Ami2301

I have mental health issues always used Mental Health Charities... Understand useful, informative, supportive help you here.

Please may I suggest the following links . These are mental health charities. Often have benefit advisors support workers help you through all of this situation.

Advice, information on your wellbeing and health. Looking at sleep, medication and diet, nutrition.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Might not be in all areas, you can self refer or speak to your GP.

Please any questions please ask happy to answer if I can.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

A local MP won't be able to help with a PIP claim because they have very limited knowledge of the PIP descriptors and the criteria. Whether you qualify will totally depend on how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. As no one knows how your conditions affect you then it's impossible to predict anything.

Having some understanding of the descriptors and what they mean will always help. Start here by reading this link.

If you do decide to request the MR then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. You should put it in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because you can't prove what did or didn't happen during the assessment. They won't be interested in any of them. Complaints should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Send relevant evidence with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Most MR decisions remain the same, so you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and lots are waiting about a year for a hearing date. Appearing in person will be your chance of a decision in your favour. Paper based decisions only have between 5-8% chance of success.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness