Back payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back payment

LMcC89
LMcC89 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi 
could anyone help?? My mam has just heard back last week she has been awarded enhanced living and enhanced mobility.
my question is when the back payment gets paid on the 12th February will it include 1 months pip money or will she have to wait a month for the first payment?? Sorry I should have asked on the phone but totally forgot I was just so relieved to hear the good news rather than to question the money side 
TIA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news. If it's a first time PIP claim and she didn't transfer from DLA then it will be backdated from the date she rang to start her claim and be paid as one lump sum up to a certain date. Then her first payment will be 4 weeks after that, depending on which day her payments fall on. They will then continue every 4 weeks.

The award letter that she'll receive will explain when to expect payment going forward.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @LMcC89, that's great news! 

Please let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @LMcC89 Welcome to the community, I am a community champion here at scope. Fantastic news it always good to hear a success story and helps others stay positive, thank you for sharing with ud.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.