Are the waiting times designed to make people drop out? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are the waiting times designed to make people drop out?

AbiP
AbiP Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Been waiting 53 weeks to go to appeal with no indication of when my appeal will actually happen. Are the waiting times everyone has to endure designed to make people drop out? Who actually monitors this poor state of affairs. Noone 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Im one of the community champions here on scope and I’m here to help and advise others.

Backlogs are huge in most areas and some are waiting a year and more for a hearing date. You can ring HMCTS and ask how much longer you will be waiting and they will give you a guide of the waiting time in your area.

Unfortunately, other than that all you can do is wait. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @AbiP Welcome to the community I am a community champion on here. I understand your frustration around waiting times for tribunals, I don't know who monitors the waiting time but I'm sure it will be somewhere. I too had a long waiting time and contact my MP not that it got me a fast track date but the more we make these people aware the more they will have to listen. Hope your not waiting too much longer
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AbiP - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I just wanted to say I'm sorry your wait for a tribunal has unfortunately been so lengthy & hope you get a date soon. Meanwhile, please do chat here any time & let us know how you get on. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @AbiP! I really hope you get a date soon. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.