Pip review what do I write if no changes in my disability? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review what do I write if no changes in my disability?

Options
girl1210
girl1210 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I  am new here. 
I have to renew my pip. Award review form but have no changes since my last award what do I write in each section if no changes in my disability. 
Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Even though there's no changes in your conditions you still need to treat this claim as a new claim. When filling out the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Use extra sheets of paper because there's never enough of room on the form to write all the information. Make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send.

Send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

If you need extra time you can ring DWP to request a further 14 days to return it.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them, even for reviews. Your PIP will continue until a decision's been made on this review, providing the end date doesn't come before the decision's been made.

There's no timescales, it depends on backlog in your area. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • girl1210
    Options
    On the extra paper can it be typed or it must be written out 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Typed is much better and easier for them to understand. I typed out my daughters for her review last year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • girl1210
    Options
  • girl1210
    Options
    Sorry one more question on the part where it says what has changed and when it changed for example My son is deaf with autism and the preparing food section which he can’t do. Do I just elaborate on his lack of ability to perform  this task 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, does he need assistance? If so then why does he need this?  What happened or what did happen that last time he attempted this activity without assistance.
  • girl1210
    Options
    Ok now I am understanding the form. 
    Thanks you. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.