tribunal win but baffled - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal win but baffled

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    With the Tribunal decision letter saying you were placed into the WRAG not Support Group then i would definitely say that the letter you received from DWP is because they can't pay you any ESA because of the 365 day rule.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • godsend
    godsend Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    I have not been placed in any group, i have no letter to say anything about groups, i telephoned them to ask what group i will be going in, hence the mess.
    Winning a tribunal with 18 points and not to be reassessed to getting a p45 and saying i am not on ESA all in weeks.
    Very confused by what law says i can not be paid ESA.

"letter you received from DWP is because they can't pay you any ESA because of the 365 day rule".

This can not be, no letters or telephone calls to my wife to say anything has changed.
    All i did was to ask them if i will be in a group or support group with the tribunal letter findings.
  • poppy123456
    We are going around in circles here and not getting anywhere fast. The letter you received was for your ESA claim and not your wife's. The Tribunal decision letter was schedule 2 which is WRAG.

An internet forum really isn't the place for help here because it's far too complicated. No one can see any paper work and any case and for this reason i'm going to advise that you get some expert face to face advice from an agency near you. If you take all of your paper work with you, they will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • godsend
    Sorry after today, 2 telephone call from the DWP and the DWCA,  who can not sum this out , said i am in the wrag group for 36 months, and forget about the rest.
    This is not a problem, he said my claim will carry on from a different date.
    What  the hell is this.
  • godsend
    From this, it is wrong.
    I am not asking for support group, but asking about "if".
    I have not got any letters or phone calls
  • poppy123456
    I'm baffled and i'm afraid i can't give you anymore advice regarding this. You need to get some face to face advice from an agency near you and take all your paper work to them so they can have a look and give you the correct advice.
  • godsend
    Baffled haha
    DWP have now put me in the support group
    After assessment in January
    Nothing to say how long in the group or a SORRY
  • poppy123456
    Glad to hear they may the right decision in the end. As for time scales of how long you're in the group, there isn't any because it's an ongoing award but they can reassess you anytime from 3 months.
  • godsend
    Thank you Poppy123456, i can start binning all the letters now
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really glad to hear they got back to you in the end. Thank you for updating us @godsend. :)
    Scope

• godsend
    Thank's Chloe,
    My assessment was cut short, they had no time left to do a mobility assessment so no wiser why i went through all this in the begining.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.