Can I claim any benefit. I have moderate hearing. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I claim any benefit. I have moderate hearing.

aiden1301
aiden1301 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am 57 years old I can’t hear . I can’t hear much . Can I claim any benefit. I have moderate hearing.

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    Hi @giden1301

Welcome to the Community ? 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @aiden1301    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We support members offer advice and guidance.

Please have a look at this link.

https://www.gov.uk./browse/benefits.

All can be explained if you need benefits to live on and qualify for the criteria you can apply.

Please you can also look at our website lots of information on benefits.

Please if there are any questions please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

PIP maybe possible but it's not awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Relevant evidence will be needed to support a claim and a face to face assessment is most likely. A successful claim could take several months, maybe more.

If you're one of those that are still claiming DLA then do be aware that a claim for PIP will end your DLA claim once a decision on the PIP has been made. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/before-claiming/how-much-you-get-and-how-long/

For any other benefits then it will depend on your circumstances and with no information it's impossible to give any further advice. You may want to visit and advice centre near you for a full benefits check.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @aiden1301! You might find the benefit checker to be a useful tool. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.