Help with nerves — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with nerves

sparklequeen
sparklequeen Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello everyone,

I am just looking for some advice really. 

I have fibromyalgia and have recently had to give up work. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my (not very supportive) doctor to get a not fit for work note. My anxiety is through the roof and I’m worried he will just turn me away. He hasn’t been helpful in general and I don’t have the option to move practises as there is no others near to me. 

I think I just need some reassurance to be honest. I know I’m too sick to work, I have spent the last two years trying to and failing. Have made many changes to my work such as less hours and work but I just feel awful all of the time. I then worry about being sick for work which makes me more I’ll as stress makes me flare. It’s just a vicious circle. 

Sorry to rant at you all. 

Comments

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi sparkle queen. Quite a few of us have fibromyalgia. I have had fibromyalgia and ME for about 7 years and some days haven't go the energy to do much but we are all different. There is quite a lot on this forum about fibromyalgia. I work for myself so if I am too ill to work I can take the day off.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sparklequeen and a very warm welcome to the community! I really hope today goes okay and you are very welcome here.

Please do let us know how you get on.

You are entitled to this and not working is okay. Your health is more important.
    Scope

• sparklequeen
    I’m sorry for the delay in my reply. I haven’t felt myself at all. I did go and I did get a note but he will only sign me off for three months, meaning I’m going to have to keep going back and going through the same cycle. He just doesn’t understand, I’ve been really low since and feel like I’m letting my family down. I’ve applied for ESA but by the time I will get it I will need another note. 

He underestimates pain but I know this from a previous experience - I had a bulging disc and he made me come down to see him resulting in him calling a&e himself for me and apologising. 

I feel so disheartened. 

I hope you are all okay. 
  • sparklequeen
    I’m also having trouble with the housing department. My pain consultant write a letter to say that the night buses (that run 10 feet from my bed all night, 7 days a week) is further interrupting my insomnia and causing me emotional distress - they say this isn’t good enough of a reason. Ahh I’m sorry, I’m really going on here. I just feel empty and guilty for being ill. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sparklequeen, I'm really sorry to hear that things have continued to be really difficult for you. How are you doing at the moment?

Are you wanting to move house?
    Scope

Brightness