Will they backdate my PIP after tribunal win? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will they backdate my PIP after tribunal win?

Misscfh
Misscfh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone and I hanks for having me.  I've got a question and some great news... I won my tribunal on 4th February and was awarded the standard rate of PIP from 14th of January 2019 up to 13th January 2022, my question is whether anyone can tell me whether they'll backdate it for me??  I'm hoping so, I've been struggling so unbelievably hard for a couple of years to be honest and feel I genuinely deserve a bit of good luck.  I did contact the PIP and the lady confirmed it then took some details about my bank account and asked whether I'd been in hospital overnight at any point etc and told me that I should call back after 14 days if I've not heard anything.  I'm honestly not bothered about how long it takes to get a payment as I'm no worse off however I just want my monthly payments to start so I can start making a more comfortable life for my beautiful daughter and I.  Does anyone have any advice for me?  Thanks for taking the time to read this ??

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Misscfh   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions. We support, advise and help members.

Please I am going to suggest you speak to my friend @poppy123456 .

Lady is a member of our team has exceptional expertise and knowledge on benefit situations.

Hope that helps you be in touch asap.

Please if you have any questions I am sure my friend be able to advise.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @thespiceman for the tag,

HI and welcome, @Misscfh

Great news! You will receive backdated money from the start of your PIP award which is 14th January. It can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money after a Tribunal win and about the same time to put an award into payment. Hopefully it won't be too much longer as they've already asked for bank details.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Misscfh and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Congratulations on winning your recent tribunal!  That is great news and I wish you well for the future.  If there is anything you need help/support with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Misscfh! That's great news about your tribunal!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.