Bra advise — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bra advise

Options
kaykay1606
kaykay1606 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
 I struggle to fasten bras behind my back, well I struggle with clasps at all as my hands don’t work very well. Has any found a comfortable bra that’s easy to put on for a large bust? I’m really struggling to find anything suitable ? thanks! 
KayKay1606  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. The only bra i can think of are the sports one's that have no fastening at all but they may not be suitable for bigger busted people.

I'm also unable to put my bra on with the fastening at the back. I put it on with the fastening at the front, then turn my bra around my body before putting my arms through the straps. I always find it's so much easier doing it this way. My daughter isn't very good with buttons or fastening either because she's never understood how to do them (she has a learning disability) so i showed her how to do the bra this way and it works for her too.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi KayKay1606. I wear comfort bras. They fit over your head so you don't have to worry about fastenings which I know are fiddly. I have been wearing them for years and as long as you have the right under band size the cups will stretch to the size of your bust. I have a large bust and have never had a problem with them. If have a large bust you will need to wear the padded ones for support so your boobs don't sag. A lot of places sell them but you will need to get a decent one to get the support you will need.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kaykay1606, would you manage with a clasp at the front of the bra? 

Here is an example of a bra that zips at the front.

Also, here is one that has a hook and eye at the front.

Please let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• kaykay1606
    Options
    @deb74 where do you normally get your comfort bras from? I tried some cheap ones from amazon but they didn’t have padding and they have stretched quite quickly but are very comfortable.
    KayKay1606  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @kaykay1606 Welcome to the community, I also have this issue I like others have said fasten my bra at the front and twist it round to the back. I did purchase some comfort bras from asda a few weeks ago that also had the pads in which are also removable. They are quite comfy but I do struggle to get them on and pull them down into the right position
  • kaykay1606
    Options
    Thanks @janer1967
    KayKay1606  
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @kaykay1606. I get my bras from Avon.
  • Laborador
    Laborador Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Options
    I'm so glad you mentioned this. I have rheumatoid arthritis and cannot bear to be without a bra on. I still haven't found one that meets my clearly exacting standards, (white, cotton, supportive, balcony, front fastening) I know, too difficult. I've recently found that makes like Playtex and older makes are more likely to have what you need. Otherwise, its put it on around your waist and twist it round. Good Luck.
  • igglypop93
    igglypop93 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Not sure if you're still looking but bravissimo cater to larger sizes and they only seem to have 2 front fastening options currently but I have seen others over the years on there. [Removed by moderator: link to products]
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @igglypop93 thanks for sharing your recommendation with everyone, I hope it gives @kaykay1606 some options :)

I've just removed the link you've included as we don't allow advertising on the forum. If you'd like more information, please see our community house rules.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness