Tracking pip appeal. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tracking pip appeal.

MobileGames
MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
Morning. I've been waiting nearly 9 and a half months for a pip appeal hearing. Is there any way of tracking it online to see your progress please? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, there isn't unfortunately. You can ring HMCTS and ask for a timescale for your area but this will just be a guide. Waiting times are huge for most areas and some are waiting as long as a year for a hearing date. All you can do is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MobileGames
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I really hope you don't have to wait much longer @MobileGames! The very best of luck and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• MobileGames
    Thank you. I will do. It's just the waiting. The waiting times are ridiculous. I know the hmtcs have huge backlogs,lots of appeals,but the wait is so long. 
  • MobileGames
    @scotleag.Thank you for the reply. I never thought of that. That's helpful. I'm glad to hear that you won your tribunal. It must've been very stressful going face to face and explaining everything,but you did it. You should be proud of yourself. 
  • MobileGames
    @Username_removed. Thank you. There's a lot there to take into account. After reflection,I'm not going to request for them to see me if there's a cancellation. Although they have the bundle,you're right,not all of the people involved in the case may have seen it yet and I do need at least two weeks notice beforehand because I can't cope with things suddenly cropping up. I need to be prepared and not rushing around at the last minute,adding to the stress. If I don't get a telephone appeal and have to go there,I need to find a way that doesn't involve my relative because the last time we went to Coventry my relative got lost,they were stressing,I was stressing. I rang and asked for directions,didn't understand them. I saw the job centre by a chance sighting and we headed for there. If I hadn't have spotted it,we wouldn't have got there and they would've stopped the Esa. The last Esa assessment I had a home visit,and for the pip assessment. I realise that you can't have the tribunal at home. I can't travel via public transport due to all the people,noise,not knowing when the bus or train is going to turn up,may be late, being in an unfamiliar area,not being able to understand the timetable and working out which bus or train to use. A taxi may not turn up on time either and would cost far too much,even with the money they allow per mile,however that much is. I can't drive and don't plan on learning,too stressful and difficult to understand and process. I'm on L plates on my scooter,have been for nearly 20 years. I'm beginning to lose my nerve on that after a few near misses that weren't my fault. So thank you. I'm not going to request that if a cancellation comes up that I'll take it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.