Increasing anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Increasing anxiety

Options
Samparky87
Samparky87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2020 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi I'm really new to this & really don't know to put this. Here goes...... I've suffered with depression and massive anxiety issues since having my 1st daughter 2010 but just lately my anxiety seems to be massively increasing and I see to think everyone is judging me & whispering behind my back usually at work & I really don't know what to do

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello   @Samparky87    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am sorry to hear this you have come to the right place for friendship and support.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We guide and support advise members.

Understand everything your telling me. I have anxiety and do know there is help out there for you.

Please if I can suggest the following.

These are mental health charities . Offer floating support, advice, guidance and information on your issues.

Also benefit advice and support, filling in forms and attending assessments.

Anything else such as housing or employment issues other health issues.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Please you can self refer or speak to your GP.  Might not be in all areas.

Please can I also one further point you may wish to know.

Please speak to your GP about anything like this they are very supportive and help you.

The other one is nutritional advice and diet.

Anxiety avoid all caffeine, Coffee, Tea, Cola, Chocolate and alcohol all times these effect mental state. Considered stimulants.

More you consume the more your anxiety increases.

Eat plenty of whole grains, Bread Pasta, Rice, Pulses and Beans. Lean Meat , Eggs, Nuts. Leafy greens Spinach Broccoli, Kale.

Vegetables and Fruit.   There is a chemical in certain foods called Tryptophan.  This helps with sleep and relaxation. Milky warm with honey stirred in to helps sleep.

Is an example of one as some of the foods I have listed. 

Other ones are Yoghurt with added bacteria culture helps calm down stomach and water ice cold.

Missed meals lack of appetite is a problem so eat a good breakfast.

Porridge oats with Banana helps or with fruit or nuts.  Small meals and snacks Bake Beans on toast for energy.

PNB sandwich whole meal bread, Soup vegetable ones.

If you have allergies or food intolerances  consult your GP.

One of the aspects of enrolling in a mental health charity is to help you not only with your issues.

Looking at diet, discussions with Sleep, Medication and Wellbeing including therapies and alternatives.

One of the things I use is meditation a lot of this can be found on line. Most charities offer coping methods and strategies to educate and learn from.

Including this some thing I do have the Classic FM radio on, proven to soothing, calming. Eases Stress.

Stress and anxiety are compatible.  Make a place for comfort. I was taught to create a comfort box. Favourite poems, books, music the things help you.

My recipes is one use muscle soak foam bath scented candles. Avoid if you can situations cause anxiety. Need to talk to some one is very important to address the problems.

Make a diary make notes of how you are and feeling, does help.

Why these charities a god send and you also meet others like yourself. Which does become a great relief and reassurance. 

Please if I can help with any thing further please ask any questions.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Samparky87 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I see my friend thespiceman has given his great advice which I hope you will find helpful. Yes, please do let your GP know about your heightened anxiety as they will also be able to offer help. Thank you very much for sharing as we hope this may be a way forward for you. Everyone here is very supportive, so please feel free to chat here any time. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Samparky87 Hello and welcome to the community I am a community champion here and its good to see you are seeking advice as that is the first big important step to seek advice and talk to somebody about your anxiety. As others have suggested contact your GP and also encourage you to llok at some of the useful information provided by other people here.  
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Samparky87 and welcome to the Community.

Thank you for sharing with us. I can see that others have provided some great advice.

How are you doing today?

Han
  • Samparky87
    Samparky87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Omg massively overwhelmed by the responses thank you so much. It's an awful feeling. I hate it but thank you. It's such a comforting feeling knowing someones there ♥️
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Samparky87! Great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness