Please explain time frame taken, into account during PIP Claim. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please explain time frame taken, into account during PIP Claim.

rbz
rbz Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
I placed my PIP claim on 01.10.2019. Please let me know how DWP are working with my claim.
Are they looking at 3 month back and 9 months into future?
I mean if they are looking about information on my health condition for period from 01.07.2019 till 01.07.2020 ?
Do they not take into account any information about my health condition before 01.07.2019?
Same question about my work. Due my health problems I changed my job type from 01.06.2019. Before 01.06.2019 I walked during my work time, but from 01.06.2019 I stopped walking (all day working with computer).
How DWP working with this situation? They take into account only period from 01.07.2019 where my job type is significantly easier than my old job type?, or they anyway take into account my previous job which I stopped before 01.06.2019?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Hi,

This is not how PIP works. For PIP the rules are that you must have had the condition for at least 3 months before applying and that condition must be expected to last at least a further 9 months.

They looked at how your conditions affect you at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period.

PIP is not about your ability to work, people claim PIP and work BUT if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then this can go against you.

Looking back at your previous threads, i see you were refused PIP by a Tribunal last September. Are you getting help with this claim? Using the same evidence you previously used will likely see another refusal.

Having some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean always helps.

If you're not receiving any help with this claim then i'd advise you to speak to an advice agency near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rbz
    I have leg pains,so by this reason I changed my job. Before I walked little bit during my work time and by this reason DWP considered that I can walk over 200 metres without any problems.
    At this moment I am not walking during work time. Just morning time, walk from car parking to work place and evening time from work place to car parking (about 20 metres one way).
    I am interested because don't know how DWP works with situation when until 01.06.2019 I walked more than 200 metres, but from 01.06.2019 I walk 20 metres only (if want to walk over 200 metres I must take few breaks).
    My PIP claim from 01.10.2019.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Your idea of the time scales are incorrect. That's not what they look at. When assessing you they consider how your conditions affect you over a timescale of 12 months and you must be affected at least 50% of the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rbz
    My current problems starts from 2010, 8 years I claimed DLA, 2018 I not awarded for PIP,Tribunal also not awarded PIP, at this moment still awaiting for Statement of Reasons (already waiting 23 or 24 weeks).
    I placed new PIP claim based on new medical records, also new job type.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.