Bring on the sunshine. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bring on the sunshine.

Rifi7
Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
Is it only me, or does this winter seem to be dragging on. I don’t remember it be liking this last year but maybe it was. Bring on the sunshine. 
I have been looking at a new hobby to do and am looking at Jewellery making but not sure how easy it is to do but willing to give it go. Anyone got any interesting hobbies?

Comments

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi Rifi7. I do lots of thing including making jewellery. Jewellery making is quite easy but it can be a little bit fiddley! I like making things because it lets you escape into your own little world and forget what is going on around you!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Definitely feel like winter is dragging, can't wait for Spring!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Couldn't agree more! Winters always do seem to drag on forever. Although i don't think it's as cold as last winter. There's been no cold weather payment so far this year and this time last year i'd had a few.

Definitely counting the weeks to that sunny and warmer weather!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Rifi7 Good to see your post, its all these storms that are making it worse just get over one and another one comes. Jewellery making sounds good to me something I would like to do but with my vision I wouldn't be able to see to do the intricate work. I would like to find a new hobby but being in wheelchair and also blind in one eye I cant seem to come up with anything I could do. Anyone got any suggestions ?  
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    What about sewing? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    If I recall last year we didn't really have much snow until Easter weekend
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Rifi7
    Thanks everyone for all your ideas on hobbies. I think I will try jewellery making to start of with. Maybe macrame bracelet making looks interesting. It looks pretty easy to do and your exactly right deb74, it takes your mind into another world. I have lost more of mobility so have been trapped in my flat most of the winter, so I welcome any distraction.
    My dog is as fed up as me with this weather. She does not like the rain and wind at all. 

Woodbine please don’t say that about the snow. Surely not! 
  • Rifi7
    Janer1967 what about macrame. You can make bracelets or you can make bigger items like wall hangings and dream catchers. Looks good. It’s a very trendy craft to do. I’ve seen loads of Macrame stuff in shops now. 
  • Rifi7
    April2018mom I don’t think I would be any good at sewing. I was a big fan of wonder web when I needed to take up my trousers lol!
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    You can get full spectrum daylight lightbulbs
  • Rifi7
    I have daylight bulbs in my flat. They are good but nothing beats rays from the sun ? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I can't wait for summer either! Or just days where it is light for longer!

I crochet @Rifi7, is this something you have ever tried? I learnt by YouTube. :)
    Scope

Brightness