Maximus requesting information from DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Maximus requesting information from DWP

Catlover64
Catlover64 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
Hi everyonePlease can you help. .I sent my esa50 and evidence back and it was received on 3rd January at Maximus (this is for reassessment). I rang again today as I had not heard. The man who took my call told me they had been waiting for information from the DWP which they had now received on the 13th of February and that they were making a decision as to whether to call me in for a F2F or not.  My question is: what information could they be wanting from the dwp? I thought that the process was that Maximus made their decision and then told the DWP that decision - but he said they had been waiting to hear from the DWP for more information. Anyone got any idea what information this could be? I thought Maximus had all they needed to make a decision? (I have been in support group for 5 years and before that on IB). Please can you throw any light on this? Many thanks!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The health assessment advisory service do the work capability assessments. They do not make decisions, they make recommendations by writing a report. That is then sent to DWP and a decision maker looks at that and the evidence and makes a decision from there.

No one can tell why they have asked DWP for information, for this you'll need to ring DWP to ask. If it was those that they rang they maybe able to tell you what exactly they asked. It's possible that you've been given the wrong information and it wasn't DWP they rang and it could have been someone else, possibly your GP.

Hopefully you'll hear something soon, even if it's to attend a face to face assessment, which is usually what happens. Paper based assessments are rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Catlover64 Hello and welcome to the community I am a community champion here at scope, I just wanted to welcome you as your query has already been answered. let us know how you get on as its always helpful to other members  
  • Catlover64
    Hi Poppy. They definately said the DWP (I am under the impression that they wrote for it as they said they just received the reply on the 13th) because they said they already have the gp evidence so I can't for the life of me think what information they need that they don't already have? I am worried about phoning again as I stated that I have social anxiety on my esa50 and ringing may go against me do you think?
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea what they would have wrote to DWP for. If they contact anyone it's usually your GP and they would send the ESA113 form for them to fill out and return.

Ringing them against isn't going to go against you at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Catlover64
    Poppy do you think I should phone CHDA again to clarify? I am just worried they will think "oh she has no social problems - she keeps ringing!"
  • poppy123456
    It's your decision whether to ring them or not. It won't go against you as i advised. Lots of people have social anxiety but can use the phone.
  • Catlover64
    Hi Poppy, I just bit the bullet and rang Maximus again. The woman I spoke to said that my file had been withdrawn from the CHDA by the DWP back in early January and that the DWP was now sending the file back to Maximus! She wouldn't/couldn't give info on why? Do you know any reasons that would cause DWP to withdraw an esa file from Maximus?
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea, sorry. Maybe ring DWP to ask them.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Catlover64, just wanted to check in to see how you were getting on. :)
    Scope

• Catlover64
    Thanks Chloe. I think an error was made by the file being sent back. I just have to wait - back to square one!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you aren't waiting too long @Catlover64. please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.