worse than storm ciara — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

worse than storm ciara

Options
deb74
deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
I live near the river seven and the paths both sides of the river are under water! It is the worst I have seen it for years. The path on one side of the river must be under about 2ft of water. That has scuppered my plans for walking the dog down the river bank today! Thank goodness for the flood barrier or the whole town would be flooded.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @deb74 Sorry to hear your plans have been put off, these storms really are causing such havoc. It seems to have calmed down here at the moment and I managed to get out and do some shopping without getting blown away or wet, but only just mafe it back in time before the rain started again. Have a nice day:)  
  • deb74
    Options
    Hi @janer1967. It is sunny here at the moment but still very windy and cold I have just come back from walking the dog but just a walk up the road. I have just been told that we have got more rain to come.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope more rain doesn't cause any flooding for you fingers crossed it wont be as bad now. At least you got out for a walk 
  • deb74
    Options
    not sure about the rain. It looks a bit overcast but at least the wind has calmed down. I always take the dog out for a walk whatever the weather!
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    Still pouring of rain here ( east central Scotland ) ...light winds compared with what we have had over the last four days ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's very rainy here today! 
    Scope

• deb74
    Options
    It cleared up around 12pm yesterday and the sun came out.i was fine for the rest of the day. I took the dog for a walk about 2 hrs ago and it was trying to rain but it has stopped now. It is forcast to rain really heavily from 1pm onwards today. It is still quite windy.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I feel so sorry for all the people everywhere who have suffered in the floods.

Just half a mile from me has been flooded. I am lucky xxx
  • deb74
    Options
    I took the dog for a walk about 10.30 am and the river bank on the opposite side of the river had flooded and the river bank on my side of the river was just beginning to flood. 

Brightness