Back dated Carers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back dated Carers

button1973
button1973 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi i wonder if anyone can help. My Son won his pip appeal last Friday 14th Feb and has been without this since Jan 2019 im his Carer and wondered if i would get my Carers backdated a year as this was stopped when my Son was refused his were told pip would be at the appeal. My Son change from dla to pip and this is when he was refused the benefit 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Whether you're entitled to carers allowance will depend on your circumstances. If you earn less than £123 per week after deductions and this has applied since his DLA stopped then yes it will be backdated. Whether the full amount will be backdated will depend what other benefits, if any you're claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • button1973
    Hi poppy123456,
    Thank you for your reply no i work part time and earn £525 per month and do not claim any  benefits. Do you know if i will have to call to make a new claim or will they contact me? I dont want to be calling unless i need to or do i wait for dwp to contact us about pip award?
  • poppy123456
    You will need to wait for the PIP award to be put into payment. This can take up to 8 weeks. Once it is then the quickest way to claim is online. Providing you haven’t earned more than £123 per week from April 8th 2019, slightly less before this date then it will be backdated. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • button1973
    Thank you for your help poppy123456 it's much appreciated its been a very stressful time but so glad we went to appeal. 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome and great news also on the PIP award!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really glad it all worked out @button1973
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.