Hi, my name is Dave2408 I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON MY PIP CLAIM AND PIONTS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dave2408 I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON MY PIP CLAIM AND PIONTS

Dave2408
Dave2408 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Guys I am new to this so please bear with me.
I hve been gtting Personal Independent Payment for Just under a year now and feel like my condition is getting a lot worse.
I had a Heart valve replaced in May 2018 and I'm still suffering a lot with this even though I was told I would be ok after 3 months haha yeah alright. The worst thing is mainly my breathing which I cant seam to get an answer for because as soon as I woke from my open heart surgery I knew something was very different and I couldn't breathe as well as I could before my operation. I thought ok maybe its just part of it but after nearly 2 years now I just seem to be getting worse and I can walk or get far at all without running out of breath and for som reason now which is very embaraceing I feel I'm going to wet my self and need to urinate or some times need the other before I can slow my breathing down and calm down. its a very scary experience at the time.
I stil suffer with dizziness due to my warferine blood thiners that I take and sometimes have fainting episodes when standing up. all of this leaves me with massive depression and anxiety issues and my life is totally flipped upside down from being a working bricklayer earning good money to now been on benfits and struggling. I think I'm getting the lower rate mobility and the lower rate on the other (cant remember what its called) I also forget a lot of things and really struggle to deal with all of this on my own. its also very embarrassing.
How can I find out what points I am currently getting and what they are for as I'm scared that if I tell them about my new simtoms I may forget somethings and end up losing a proportion of my money. Any help would be much appreciated as  struggle with this.
Thanks in advance
David

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome.

It should tell you what points you scored and where on your decision letter. If you don't have a copy of this then you can ring DWP and ask them to send you a copy. You can also request a copy of the assessment report from that assessment you had for that claim. They should still have that.

Please do be aware that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. A worsening of condition doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to more points for a higher award.

Reporting a change of circumstances means you'll be sent more forms to fill in and return with all your evidence. A face to face assessment is highly likely because most people have them. You could lose everything you already have. Of course you could also be awarded more points for a higher award or your award could stay the same.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Dave2408   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our Community.

Please can I suggest with your mental health consider getting support, advice and information.

I used these charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

All charities offer the following.

1.  Floating Support including support workers or outreach workers. Often use Email, text even supplying you with IT . Giving you a laptop one of the above does.  SKYPE in some cases may be available.

2.  Benefits completion of any forms, supplying reports, care plans.  Attendance of assessments, tribunals.  Speak on your behalf in Assessments.

3. Do take clientele with additional disabilities as well mental health.

4. Signposting in house advisors on employment health and well being. Supported employment anything welfare or social.

Housing general support in anything else that may be causing problems.

Doctors and attendance with discussing alternative treatments if problems.

Speak on your behalf or bring in RETHINK

5. Training and knowledge, education of mental health to clientele using coping methods and strategies . Alternative therapies, nutrition and diet.

Might not be in all areas. You can self refer or speak to GP.

Anxiety and depression just a thought. Make some simple changes to your diet if you have already.

I gained qualifications in Nutrition well being through one of the charities.

1.  Avoid all Caffeine. Tea, Coffee, Cola and Chocolate contain Caffeine.

In large amounts is a stimulant we consume more if anxious.  No Alcohol smoking which you should be doing with your condition.

Do the same. Avoid.

2. Eat well balanced diet with Whole grains, Pasta, Beans. Plenty of fruit vegetables.  Lean meat and Oily Fish for your condition.

3.  I would consult well being service. Your local County Council has a service for wellbeing.  One to one look on their website.

I used them for them after addiction and used them to get a lot more qualifications.  Knowledge and experience.

Please any diet, nutritional changes speak to your Doctor any way should be supporting you with your health and diet, nutrient requirements.

Refer you to the well being service.

Please ask any questions happy to answer.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dave2408 and a very warm welcome to the community! is there anything else we can do to help?

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community nice to see new members on here, I hope you have been given the information you require. Have a good look at the descriptors and your latest points before you decide to report a change, as you may not get any more points. When does your current award end as you will be reviewed 6 months before the end date so it may be worth waiting till then rather than risk losing your curerent award

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.