Need advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need advice

reading
reading Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have PIP which ends on 21.3.20. I have put in a new claim within the time scale given to me by DWP. I am now told my PIP money will stop on 21.3.20 if my claim is not processed in time. Can the DWP stop my money when I have adhered to the time limits they gave me?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @reading, reading your post you state that you are receiving  the pip benefits and your current award ends on the 21-3-20, you should have had a renewal claims pack sent to you within the last six months of your claim allowing you to fill in the forms and be sent for a face to face assessment. You may have had the letter and didn’t realise what to do or the importance of it. I would contact DWP ASAP and explain your situation and request an extension if possible and seek their advice as I am sure your money will stop 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

If a decision hasn't been made by 21/3/2020 then yes your PIP will stop. This is because there will be no award in placed for your payments to continue. If a decision goes in your favour and you're successfully awarded again then it will be backdated to the date it stopped.

Do be aware that if it does stop then this could affect any other benefits you maybe claiming. If someone is claiming carers allowance for looking after you then this will also end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • reading
    reading Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you for the replies. 
    Most grateful. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Just wanted to welcome you to the community @reading! Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.