Desicion time on surgery — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Desicion time on surgery

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Hi all , I have a hospital appointment today to discuss potential surgery and was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this surgery, lots of history goes into my decision as explained below.  
I suffer from glaucoma and have lost the vision in one eye, I have had lots surgery on my good eye to preserve the vision, which has left me with just central vision in this eye. Since my surgery which was a year ago I have had lots check ups. However over last few months my vision has got worse and I have been diagnosed with a cataract on this eye. I know normally this is a simple and successful operation to rectify the condition, however with me only having vision in this eye I don't want to risk the possibility of losing any sight I have remaining. But at the same time if I have the surgery it could improve my sight (what do I do) . I know you cant offer medical advice and its my decision and will be discussing this today with my consultant, but just wondered if anyone had gone through this surgery and what the outcome was ?

Comments

Brightness