Worried about sending my esa50 form in and a face to face assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about sending my esa50 form in and a face to face assessment

2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Benistmonk - I don't doubt your personal experience, & I didn't quote you. I will now.
    You wrote, 'The problem with assessments is they are not reliable, the odds are you will have to appeal.' This is incorrect. There's a difference between being subjective, & only looking at your experience, & being objective, or fact based, looking at the statistics I mentioned, which Poppy gave a link to.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    I think you will find it is 100% correct, the new regime keeps tightening the rules making harder than it has ever been to qualify for benefit. The way some of you are talking on here, anyone would think it was as easy as a walk in the park to qualify. 

You need to look at the stat that tells you how many people have been found fit for work since the assessments started. Well over a million probably nearer 2 million or above it by now. 
  • chiarieds
    The statistics haven't changed since I last looked, so you remain incorrect. Because the benefit system is sometimes difficult to understand, Poppy has helped thousands of people that have been on this forum with their enquiries. Because other people read the posts, it's also important to correct any misinformation, the better to help all.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    How is it incorrect to advise someone to prepare for the worst, just in case the assessment does not go their way. 
  • chiarieds
    @JamesRoyle - It's indeed lovely to read you have a supportive partner & children. I know it's way easier said than done but try not to worry so. I hope you may feel hopeful not only with Poppy's advice but also with the statistics provided, & thank you very much for saying you will keep us all informed. My best wishes to you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    hello, thank you all for your support, I will try not to worry, however I seem to be a person that worries if I haven't got anything to worry about. I have a lovely partner of 29 years and 3 lovely children that support me unconditionally. so I try and put a brave face on for them, even though it is always seems to be chewing me up inside. anyway now waiting for a letter from dwp, so I will keep you all informed. thank you again, it really helps to communicate with people who have gone through this as well. 

You're welcome. I'm so sorry, i totally missed your comment here. Worrying is perfectly understandable as most people do when it's reassessment time. If a face to face assessment is needed you'll receive an appointment letter from the Health Assessment Advisory Service, as it's these who do the work capability assessments. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

If you have any further questions please do ask. Good luck and please do let us know the outcome. :)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JamesRoyle, I wish you the best of luck with this and please do let us know how you get on. :)

Please can members remember to be respectful to one another. This thread is to support James, everyone deserves the space to have their voice heard and be part of a discussion, not argument.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.