Won appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal

bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi poppy just to let u kno I win my appeal.. they give me bk what I originally has on dla and what I was on in care. Basically both at low rate.  Just wondering whether thus will effect my housing benefit or c tax, becayse I'm also in the sick element vwith  u credit

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

That's great news. Slightly confused with your question though because you ask if it will affect your housing benefit or Child tax credit and then mention Universal Credit. If you're claiming UC then you won't be claiming housing benefit or tax credits because both of those are paid as one payment with UC, Which is it that you're claiming Universal credit or the old benefits?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bevvy1966
    I'm on universal credit but the sick element of it.. I've not made myself clear.  Will I have to pay anything extra to council tax because I get extra money with winning pip
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    It won't affect your council tax in a bad way because PIP isn't means tested but you'll need to report the changes to your local council once the award is in payment. All local councils have their own rules for council tax reduction and i won't be able to advise you on this.

If you're claiming UC with a partner as a couple then your partner will be able to claim the carers element of UC for looking after you but you'll need to wait for your PIP award to be put into payment before you can claim this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bevvy1966
    Ok so u know if I bow have to pay anything toward my rent, has u credit pay it at the moment
  • poppy123456
    PIP isn't means tested so if you're already claiming for full rent then it will remain the same.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @bevvy1966 Congratulations on your tribunal win
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Really happy you won the appeal @bevvy1966! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • bevvy1966
    Thank u everyone,?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.