Hi, my name is vickiveet! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is vickiveet!

vickiveet
vickiveet Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I do a lottery with scope, must be your charity’s  weekly draw........I chose to as it is something close to my heart.
I Personally experience the challenges living with a disability on a daily basis can bring!
some disability’s are obvious and visually you see it, but some aren’t so instantly seen.
 Mine is invisible I’m epileptic myself. Is anyone else here have any daily challenges though being different? ✌?X

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @vickiveet Hello and welcome to the community, its nice to have new members. Lots of our members deal with daily challenges due to disabilities both visible and non visible, I have both visable and non visible disabilities eg diabetes, partial sight loss and amputee. Have a good look round the site and feel free to ask any questions or comment on any discussions.

Its nice to hear that you support the charity through the lottery

• vickiveet
    vickiveet Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    It was by chance I came across Scope on here then! No time  is waisted time if to support others not so fortunate. I’m a bit stubborn and haven’t  likeed to ask for support/help in the past. I can to realise later that it’s not all about hand outs. everyone needs a hand up now and then even the more able, strongest of people. Haven’t had a proper gander at the site yet so I’m going to have a little snoop and see what charity’s benefits from the lotta draw etc. 
    Back in jiffy x
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @vickiveet and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and glad you have found us.  That is great you are supporting Scope through the lottery.  I have a visible disability so like all of us on here, it can pose some challenges, like an invisible one at times, but we all support each other on here and see these challenges through together.  I hope you find the forum to be of help to you and enjoy your time with us.  It is a great place to meet new friends as everyone is lovely on here.  If there is anything we can help you with at all then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @vickiveet - Welcome to the community from me too. It's great you're supporting Scope, & also finding out more about this charity. Most people here have a disorder/disability, or are supporting an affected relative. Some of us have visible disabilities; others invisible ones. I have a genetic disorder, which affects most of my joints + neuropathic pain....the pain being the invisible part!
    As Ails says, this is a great community; very supportive & friendly, where we care & share with each other, so it's great you've joined us all. :)

Brightness