Awaiting advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting advice

EllsDK
EllsDK Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I had my PIP f2f assessment last year and received a notification in Dec that they had received the report, and had all the information they needed to complete the assessment. I phoned them today to check on the progress of my application and was told that although someone had looked at it, it was now marked "awaiting advice". The person I spoke to did not know what this meant. I just wondered if anyone here has experienced this, or could shed some light on this. Many thanks. 

Comments

• EllsDK
    I had my PIP f2f assessment last year and received a notification in Dec that they had received the report, and had all the information they needed to complete the assessment. I phoned them today to check on the progress of my application and was told that although someone had looked at it, it was now marked "awaiting advice". The person I spoke to did not know what this meant. I just wondered if anyone here has experienced this, or could shed some light on this. Many thanks. 
  • DaveTheWasp
    DaveTheWasp Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    I wonder whether this would be that they're referring it back to the assessors for more information or something, but that's only a guess.

@poppy123456 is great with benefits advice and might know what this means
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @EllsDK, hello and welcome. Your claim may have been sent for an audit for compliance reasons or the amount of evidence that you submitted needs further checking for validation. In any case phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • EllsDK
    Thanks @wilko for the reply. I started the reassessment process in August, so this latest hold up was a bit of a curveball. 
  • EllsDK
    Thanks for the reply @DaveTheWasp
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,366 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I would guess that the report may have been returned to the health assessment providers because there maybe a contradiction somewhere with the report and/or your evidence that you sent. Other than that i'm afraid we can only guess what they are waiting for.

Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Requesting a copy of the assessment report will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be but other than that all you can do is wait.

Hopefully not much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • EllsDK
    Thanks for the reply @poppy123456. They've told me to call again in 2 weeks if I haven't heard anything. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.