Standing up against racism poem — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Standing up against racism poem

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
Hello 
I have written a poem about standing against racism I would appreciate hearing what people in the community think about my poem 

Many Thanks 
Jay

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• DaveTheWasp
    DaveTheWasp Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    I like it and there are some really good points in there too. I particularly liked the point about appreciating colour and race, as we are all different,and it's ok to recognise that, but we can still treat each other with respect. I also liked the point about making a stand and being a good example for others. Nice work. 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Dave the Wasp 
    Thank for your feedback on my poem
    I was thinking about sending my poem to the football association to get them to put on their website as part of their campaign to kick racism out. 
    I would appreciate to hear what you think about my idea Dave the Wasp 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• DaveTheWasp
    DaveTheWasp Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    I think it's worth a shot, although I don't know much about the FA and how they deal with content submissions, but i guess you never know until you try. Also, I think a lot of organisations are quite active on Twitter, I'm thinking that they might have aTwitter account or something like that, which might be worth a thought. 

I'd also like to say that I admire the fact that you share your work with the community, I used to try and write short stories, but was never brave enough to actually show them to anyone.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Globster, I really enjoyed reading your poem about racism.  It is really good and thought-provoking.  We need to all stand  together and try to stamp out racism and that's what you are clearly conveying in your poem.  Well done!  I think that is a really good idea about maybe sending it to the FA to see if they can use it and a good point about Twitter that @DaveTheWasp has mentioned too.  Have you ever thought about getting your poems published?  They really are great and very engaging.  I wish you all the best with them.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Globster
    Hello 
    I appreciate the community positive feedback on my poem about standing up against racism I have just thought I would let you all know that I have Tweeted my poem against racism to the Fa, kickout campaign and Coventry City Twitter pages 

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster
                           Thank you for sharing another fantastic poem with the community. You are absolutely right there is no place for racism in society just as there is no place for any form of discrimination. Well done for sharing your poem on Twitter and I hope you get a positive response. Thank you.  
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Hi @Globster. Thank you for sharing your poem. I am happy to hear that you decided to share it with the FA. Keep up the great writing!

Han
  • Globster
    Hello 
    I have even tweeted my poem about standing up against racism to ex football player asking him if he would not mind retweeting my poem to his family members and friends and football colleagues 

Brightness