Tribunal Appleal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal Appleal

libertyhunter
libertyhunter Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi after one year I have finally gotten a date to attend a tribunal for my PIP appeal on the 06/03/2020.  It is for severe mental health problems and I will have support workers attending the hearing with me.  I have a psychiatric nurse who regularly sees me for my problems who initially wrote the first letter of appeal that was dismissed.  She can not attend the hearing with me on that specific date and my main question is if it is worth postponing my tribunal date to a date where she could attend?  Will it make much of a difference to the final decision if she attended or should I just go without her? I was told on the phone that anyone who comes with me is mainly there for moral support and all the questions will be directed towards me.  What should I do? If I postpone on average how long would I have to wait and is it worth just attending without my psychiatric nurse?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You will need to contact HMCTS to request for it to be postponed, if this is what you want. Whether it's agreed or not is a different thing.

You were advised correctly that those that will go with you will be there for support only and you will be expected to answer all the questions yourself. They do sometimes ask the person that's going with you if there's anything to add at the end. As you already have someone going with you then if it was me i'd carry on an attend the hearing on this date. You've already had a letter of support from the nurse, which has already been sent.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @libertyhunter! If there is anything you need clarifying then please let us know. :)
    Scope

• libertyhunter
    libertyhunter Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi thanks I have postponed the date.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope the new date is better for you and the nurse is able to attend too @libertyhunter.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.