Will I still receive the same amount of UC? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I still receive the same amount of UC?

gerryk82
gerryk82 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there

i got awarded lcw in march 2018 I then found out it wasn't only for a 6 month prognosis due to my mental health and hearing. When I got the decision I was in prison on remand and my wife got the letter o our journal. If I was a told home I would have appealed for the higher group but it never happened.

in may -8 I came back out and she had to add me to the claim again to cut a long story short things have been much worse for us I had a medical and got a decision letter on but it's baffling me....it states I will still be awarded lcwra! When it was lcw before and it says I will still receive the same amount of universal credit?

my questions are what does this mean? Since I have been moved groups does thisnis mean we as a family will receive extra? I will contact uc on Monday to find out but my anxiety is through the roof on my eyes I put my first sick line in on January 18 so do I get backdated from then? Or don't we get any extra at all 

aorry for the first post like this at all but we are really struggling and we don't understand this letter.

any help would be appreciated.

best regards

Comments

• gerryk82
    Ps I received an email saying I need to accept my new commitments before they can make any payments to me?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

The decision to award you LCWRA means that you will receive an extra £336 per month and you should receive this extra money in your next payment and you'll continue to receive that extra every month for as long as you remain in the LCWRA group.

Hope this helps and great news by the way!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerryk82
    Many thanks for replying

befpre I was on lcw now on this mee
    leyter it says I'm continuing on lcwra? I don't understand it. It says my payments won't change? I would love to show you the letter. Does this mean we will receive extra and will it be backdated to last year.

sprry for the questions and many thanks for the replies
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. LCWRA is a higher group than the LCW that you were in previously. I have no idea why it states your payments won't change because if it's definitely LCWRA then it's £336 extra per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gerryk82
    Do you mind if I post the letter here poppy is that ok? Or is there a way to pm?

many thanks
  • poppy123456
    You can post it on here but please make sure that you cover all of your personal details like NI number and address/postcode.

If you prefer i can private message you and you can reply to that and send me a picture and i'll advise you further. You won't be able to send a message to me first because you're a new member but you can reply to a message that i send you.
  • gerryk82
    Yes please poppy ignore you could pm me that would be great. Our anxiety is through the roof

thank you so much
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome. I'll happily PM you and take a look at the letter for you. Just a moment and i'll message you.
  • gerryk82
    Hi poppy

could u please pm me regarding some other matters in having trouble finding the pms. I would live your advice if poss

regards

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.