PIP Tribunal - Scotland — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal - Scotland

Options
Lizzie111
Lizzie111 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi

I’ll try and be as brief as possible as it’s a long story! 

Applied for PIP a year ago, now at the tribunal stage which is in a couple of weeks time. 

First paper based hearing was adjourned as my case was apparently “too complex” for them to make a decision. Said I should seek advice from CAB or welfare rights, which I then did. 

Had an appointment with a welfare rights advisor last week who passed my case to a welfare rights officer who will be taking on my case and representing me at the next tribunal. 

I’m meeting the welfare rights officer for a chat about my case this week. 

Would appreciate any advice at all about the impending hearing as I am utterly terrified and anxious. 

Also, is it true that the assessors tend to fail those will likely win at appeal stage?

Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Lizzie111 hello again. It's good you are being supported and represented by welfare rights. I personally haven't had PIP tribunal but have had WCA tribunal which are similar process. I suggest you go through your bundle carefully and highlight the areas you think are relevant and where you think you should have scored points. In UK it is panel of judge a doctor and disability advisor and they ask questions based on your case. Have a look at the PIP section on here as lots advice and other people posts. I will also tag @poppy123456 who replied to your earlier post 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

The only thing i can add here is that you will need to speak for yourself, even with a rep. If you have an appointee then they will be able to speak on your behalf.

As you have a rep then i'd advise you to speak to them and they will advise you because they will know about your case and no one here knows anything, so it's impossible to give any other advice.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lizzie111
    Lizzie111 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hello all

Thank you for the advice. 

Has my appeal on Tuesday which I won. Such a huge relief and will help me so much. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news and thank you for sharing. So good to hear good outcomes it encourages others to keep up the fight x enjoy the relief 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great news @Lizzie111
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yayy! Really happy for you @Lizzie111
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.