Pip home assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip home assessment

Options
kane1994
kane1994 Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
Hi,
I have my pip assesment tomorrow at my home, should I show them that I have been assessed by universal credit and put in the limited capability to work and work related activity group would this help with my decision on pip I'm currently getting the standard rate 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi it's up to you but you may find at assessment they wont take any evidence. It is an assessment and also they are different benefits with different criteria. Mention it to the assessor see what they say 
  • kane1994
    Options
    Okay thank you I also have lots of different aids around the home should my partner show them because she cares for me 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You dont need to show them but you need to tell them what aids you use and what for and how you wouldn't be able to manage without them. Having some visible in the room would be ok if it's appropriate for the room you are in 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, remember the pip assessment is to varify your answers given in your application form. Making sure you meet the PIP descriptiors in relation to your daily living activities and mobility issues, safely and in a repeatable and in a timely manner. There is no need to disclose information about any benefits or money issues savings spending ect. Think before you answer if you don't understand the question don't be afraid of asking it to be repeated. 
  • kane1994
    Options
    Okay I have a copy of my pip forms to hand to have with me when the assessor is here tomorrow thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

For the aids that you use, were they recommended from an Occupational Therapist? If they were did you send evidence about the recommendation? If you didn't and you have this then it would be very useful to use as evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kane1994
    Options
    Hi they were recommend by Sunderland care and support I don't have letters but they have stickers on them saying so 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.