Hi, my name is Imnotokay! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Imnotokay!

Imnotokay
Imnotokay Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Imnotokay - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for joining us all. By the sound of your user name, all is not well, so please say if we can help, or offer support/advice in any way. People here are very friendly & there's usually someone here who can answer most queries; you just have to say. If you would just like to talk here, that's fine too. :)
  • Imnotokay
    Hi Chlarleds,
    Thank you for the welcome, Yes I'm not in a good place right now, I feel for the first time in my life somewhat disabled due to injuries I've sustained and it's horrible. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Imnotokay I'm sorry to hear this, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Imnotokay
    Cheers, basically I've mangled my leg due to a couple of leg injuries and it's left me in constant pain and unable to walk far or bear weight too long on one leg and I know this is probably a very minor thing in the scope of disability but having always had no trouble I now find this impairment extremely prohibitive, do you folks think my impairment constitutes disability?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear this. There's no such thing now as registering as disabled, like there used to be. This link will help answer your question. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/protected-characteristics/what-counts-as-disability/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Hi @Imnotokay welcome to the community.
     It sounds like you're in some pain and it is affecting your daily life. Are you getting any support from doctors or other health professionals?

Louise 
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Imnotokay Hello and welcome to the community, sorry to hear about your pain, I can empathise, I am an amputee so have been there done that if you get what I mean. 
  • Imnotokay
    Hi Folks, Thank you all so much for your concern!! I am currently getting Physiotherapy for 3 months now and I'm trying to 
    get them to do a scan which you would have thought they would do in the first instance!!
    I've been told my condition will improve but never be 100% again and there's always the chance of my now weakened leg 
    getting injured again if I try to do something I used to be able to do with ease.
    I'm told I've probably got nerve damage and my leg is now deformed.
    It's been quite scary TBH and I can't even begin to imagine the distress that losing a limb would cause.
    You have my sympathy Janer1967.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Imnotokay - I'm so sorry this is understandably scary for you right now, but, as a physio (altho I haven't worked as such for a long time), I do hope this may help somewhat. You'll just have to see how it goes, & if you can work with your physio, & do any recommended exercises at home, this will all help. Hope you get a MRI scan too! :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Imnotokay and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Really sorry to hear of your present health struggles and the fact you are in so much pain.  I hope the above advice and information from members has been helpful to you.  You will find the forum to be a very supportive and friendly space so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  There will always be someone on here to listen.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness