2nd home assessment and no show — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2nd home assessment and no show

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi spent the morning waiting for my home assessment and again no one came if that was me  that missed two appointments then my claim would be cancelled. All that's stress anxiety and no one arrives. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Im sorry to hear this has happened again. May I ask if you rang the health assessment providers and DWP regarding this? 

My area had snow this morning and rush hour was horrendous! Maybe there was snow where ever they were coming from because I know others areas have it too. 

Hopefully the next one will go ahead with no problems. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That must have been really frustrating @Firefly123! The should make you aware if they're going to be unable to attend. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • Firefly123
    Hi @poppy123456 yes I called the assessment centre said a road was blocked somewhere so he could not make. Said they have no more appointments on their system so I should try tommow.

@Adrian_Scope yes it is so very frustrating not just for me but my 3 young adults with autism and other mental health issues.

My claim started at the end of July so I not have to wait again. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Really sorry they keep doing this @Firefly123! It must be really frustrating.
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Firefly123 That's not good and you must be really annoyed and frustrated I know I would be after preparing yourself for it to happen, especially when they didnt even let you know
  • Firefly123
    Hi they gave another appointment for 19th of march. I said I would actually prefer an assessment centre as then it's only me that would be stressed.
    Also informed then of my hearing aids and the fact I need to use a wheelchair to be told why are these facts not on my original claim. 

Well its taken them so long to geve me my assessment. As for my loss of hearing I only found that out as my option was speaking to me but was children playing and I had to keep asking her to repeat herself. So she also did a hearing test. Then my doctor refared me to the hospital. 

Will be really glad to have my assessment over and done with. 
  • MissH1501
    MissH1501 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Firefly,
    I hope your assessment goes well this time.
    Had similar issues myself with change in medication because of the wait I understand the frustration.
  • Firefly123
    Thanks @MissH1501.
    Yes my claim started at the end of July. 
    Hopefully 3rd time lucky. 
  • MissH1501
    MissH1501 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    OMG that is a long time.
    I will cross my fingers for you (while I can lol)
  • Firefly123
    Haha.  Some days I can cross my fingers but they tend to stick in winter. I hope you get yours sorted soon also. ☺ 
  • cici2016
    cici2016 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Honestly I know how hard that is. We had 5 cancellations and one no show. Just had the assessment finally Tuesday and have been waiting since August for that. 
  • Firefly123
    Gave me another appointment for the 19 th of march.. Good luck on your  assessment. Will be glad to get it over with x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.