UC/ pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC/ pip

Options
bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi poppy, I was awarded pip has u know on the 18th of Feb . On the 20th of Feb, u credit have ledt me a message to say I have to fill in another health questions.  Why is this?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bevvy1966 I am sure poppy will answer when she is next available, however it is impossible for us to say why this has happened. UC and PIP are entirely different benefits so maybe you should call UC on Monday to ask why they want  you to do this 
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    Hi 
    Maybe it’s for your work Capability Assessment assement as you do the questionnaire then send it off with any other letters from consultants/Gp etc then they look into it and then write a letter to say you need a work health capability assessment then you go to that then they do the assessment then for me it took only a week to receive the decision letter on my journal but they said I am fit for work, but last Friday I did a mandatory reconsideration and I phoned yesterday to say no one acknowledged my points of saying why I should of got it etc, and the person from universal credit to you will hear by next Thursday as an assessor is looking at my claim and if they don’t they said phone us back and we will escalate it further. 
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    Iv already had the assessment though, and it's only abour six month's ago.  I think they are trying to get me off the sick elemen of u credit because I've won my oio
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Oh I see, I am on pip daily living. I haven’t received any universal credit payment as I am getting statutory sick pay I send them my fit note to them and add it on my journal too. I had to stop work September 19 due to my chronic hip and neck pain. I’ve had occupational health assessment phone calls 3 times and I’m due to see my manager anytime now roughly and when I next see her, she’s either going to keep my job or dismiss me on ill health grounds. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

This will just be a complete coincidence that this has happened. For the work capability assessment they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. When you do receive it, you will need to fill it in and return it with all your evidence to support your claim. A face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    What I am thinking poppy, is, are they trying to get me off the sick element of u credit, because I have won my pip
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Yes they always say you will have an assessment 
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    After u win Ur pip u mean.  It's so unfairl. It was an ordeal having to go to court and it was awful
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    Options
    PIP and limited capability for work are 2 different benefits with totally different criteria and i have mentioned this on other threads here. One downside to the work capability assessment is that you never know when that reassessment will be because they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. Some people have them within 6 months after the previous one and others wait 2-3 years between each one.

A few years ago i had the PIP review form and the work capability assessment form within 3 weeks of each other. Pure coincidence and nothing more, even though i didn't think that at the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    It's just in my head I think they are trying to get me off it, now I've won my pip . I'e, giving it you in one hand and taking it bk with the other.  The DWP put u through so much anxiety and worry with assesment after assessment
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    So do u think I'm right poppy, 
  • bevvy1966
    Options
    Do u think I'm right poppy or just being a bit paranoid
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No you're not correct. For the WCA they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. Your recent PIP award will not have affected your UC reassessment time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.