Will he get another payment to cover the gap? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will he get another payment to cover the gap?

tessa2280
tessa2280 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son got awarded pip, same level as DLA. Got paid DLA on 25th of February but pip starts on 10th of March to be paid on 5th of April. My question is what about what’s owed between the 25th and the 10th(before pip starts)will he get another payment to cover the gap? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,
    It's likely that you will receive 1 last small amount of DLA before the PIP starts but DLA was paid 3 weeks in arrears and 1 week in advance. PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears and confuses everyone.

It maybe better for you to ring DLA and ask if any more payments are due to be paid and they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tessa2280 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you found Poppy's advice to be helpful.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @tessa2280 Hello and welcome from me too, I hope you get your payments sorted and understand what Poppy has advised. Its great to see you here

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.