Cervical stenosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cervical stenosis

wiggytoni
wiggytoni Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hello after 18 months of injections acupuncture  physical therapy I have been diagnosed with arthritis and cervical stenosis of the neck I also have lower back and sciatica problems Iv been of sick for 10 weeks  of work due to these problems recently I am experiencing problems with my bladder and bowl I have no feeling of needing to go toilet not all time just when I get the sciatica  I’m struggling to live any idea if there any help out there financially thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You need to speak to your GP about your bladder problems.

Financially, there's PIP but it's not awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Relevant evidence will be needed to support your claim and a face to face assessment is most likely. A successfully claim could potentially take several months, maybe more. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/

For anything else then it will depend on your circumstances and with no information it's impossible to advise further. I'd advise you to visit a local advice agency near you for a full benefits check.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @wiggytoni, how are you doing? Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope the advice you have been given has been useful

Brightness