Dla tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla tribunal

linzidun
linzidun Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi does anybody know the waiting times for a dla tribunal? 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @linzidun welcome to the community! I'm glad you got a response on your other post, do let us know I'd you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • linzidun
    I live in Manchester thankyou I was hoping it would not be that long 
  • Youngibb82
    Youngibb82 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi there,  I also live in Manchester (Oldham) and I'm waiting on the appeal bundle to be sent out for a hearing tribunal for my sons DLA. Are you still waiting for the Tribunal date? 
  • rbz
    rbz Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Waited around 3 months, but adjourned for next 2 months.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I had to wait 13 months for mine
  • linzidun
    Hi I had my appeal in September 2019  (10 month wait)for child DLA which I lost. I sent of for a statement today reasons and requested to appeal. 2 days after loosing my appeal my daughter got diagnosed with autism and I applied for Dla as a new claim Which got awarded. After appealing the tribunals decision it got sent back to first tier last week and this time it was awarded for the closed period so the moral is never give up 
  • Youngibb82
    Youngibb82 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    HI there, thank you for your feedback and so happy you got the award, although sad how much they've made you fight as it's draining. It gives me hope as you start to doubt your own judgement. I keep reading the criteria over and over to make sure I've not missed anything. 10 months wait though aswell is shocking, thats10 months of anguish and anxiety on top of the day to day battles of life. I think assessors who make wrong judgement calls which ignore evidence should be held accountable.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.