Support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support

Connie1997
Connie1997 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I'm new here I was just wondering if anyone knew anywhere in Nottingham that help with carpets I am on very low income and I am physically very ill I've just moved into another new property and need support getting carpets/furniture

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Connie1997 Hello and welcome to the community its great to see new members here. I am not too sure if I can help but hopefully somebody on here may have some ideas. 

Have you looked at charities in your area that could possibly assist with furniture and stuff I know British heart foundation have charity shops selling cheap furniture, or may be some charities can help with a grant. Some carpet companies offer good deals on completing full house carpeting and may offer payment plans, facebook local selling sites normally have some adverts.

I hope you get something sorted
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    I can only add to the above by suggesting gumtree
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @Connie1997.
    Can I ask if you're in receipt of any benefits? Depending on the benefit, you might be entitled to an advance to help with furnishing expenses. You could also try a grant checker - https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/grants-checker/ in case there's anything you're eligible for.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness