ESA/SDP Stopped And Forced On To UC Twice!! PART 1 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/SDP Stopped And Forced On To UC Twice!! PART 1

PGN67
PGN67 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited February 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)

On 12 Feb 2019 I missed my ESA assessment  as I  was at a/e and called them to tell them so. I got paid ESA until 27 March 2019 then received a letter on 4 April 2019 saying iit had been stopped and back dated to 13/2/19. It was then that I called to claim ESA to JSA transition to start from 13/2/19 and told them I get sdp/pip/hb so I was moved and given interview date on 10/4/19 and a advance of £34. I also asked for MR on the ESA decision. 

On the 10/4 I went to the interview and was told I was given wrong I information I had to claim UC and forget about SDP, PIP and the MR so I was moved to UC. By 27/4 my UC was closed because I had received my last ESA/SDP on 27/3 and was told to go back to JSA. Once again on 10 May went to JSA interview only this time I was told I was now out of the 30 period I had to claim UC and as there is no coming back to ESA, I had to drop appealing at tribunal as my MR was rejected when the assessment people got amnesia about me calling.

In July I explained it all to the SDP advice people looking at those who lost transitional protection in June and sent in all the evidence they asked for and was told I would receive back pay and TP. But yesterday I was told I did not qualify because  I did not go on to UC with in 30 days from 13 Feb. In June they had said as I go paid on 27/3 I was within the 30 days. And even explaining that I was only told ESA was stopped after 43 days how could I possibly have claimed with in 30 days from 13 Feb!!???

Can anyone tell me if I have a case to complain about or ask for any appeal? After I say what happened  when I was still in my UC assessment period I'm sure you  agree with me when I say there is a big cover up by UC and DWP. I best start a new discussion for it as it is also a long story. It shall be part 2 to this.

Thank you

PGN

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm a little confused here and can't actually see a question that you need answering because you said your ESA stopped on 27th March 2019 and then said you received a letter saying it had been backdated.

Could you give some more information and i'll try to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PGN67, how are you getting on?
    Scope

• PGN67

Sorry. My last ESA /SDP payment was on 27 March then DM called me on 4 April to say she is stopping my ESA but Is dating it from 13 February. So I was already outside the 30 days.that way. But not if it is from when sdp was last paid which is 27/3 as my first uc claim was 10/4

Thank you

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Definitely request the MR based on the fact that they didn't tell you your ESA stopped until after those 30 days,

What confuses me is what do you mean by they rejected the MR because the health assessment providers go amnesia?

If the MR decision on the ESA didn't change did you request the Tribunal? If not then why not?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PGN67
    Hi P123456
    What I meant was. The esa  assessment people had told the  DM handling  my esa  that she did say it was ok that I could not go to assessment  she would send me a new appointment in he mail.

And when my MR come back unchanged  I was told since I was outsde the 30: days for sdp I had to go on to UC and  for get about ever going back so I drop the appeal and even lost PIP. When I explain what happened when I first got on to UC I am sure you will agree that I have been red flagged by Dwp  because of the complaint I made about the DM who stopped my esa.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PGN67, has this been resolved? Please let us know if we can do anything to help. :)
    Scope

• PGN67
    @poppy123456 @Chloe_Scope Hi there sorry for not replying sooner. I can tell you that nothing has been done. I had written in my UC journal that the word term "dwp maladministration" applied to me in every way yet not once has anyone apologized  or tried to explain what happened . In fact all the evidence is starting to show that my uc claim now is still the first one they said closed.  So I must ask for a dsar ( if that's what it's called) so I .Can find out.
    My sdp transitional protection has also hit a road block as they  sticking to me being outside the 30 days from 13/2/19  when esa was stopped on 4/4/19 then back dated. Even my last esa payment being on 26/3/19 they still saying that don't apply to me. Also I can have trans protec if I were informed esa stopped late...once again it don't apply  to me. I'm getting railroaded every way I go.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.