DISABLED PARKING — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DISABLED PARKING

Options
campaigntim
campaigntim Community member Posts: 10 Connected
I have noticed that disabled parking spaces are used very often being removed from use whenever there is a council sponsored fair for fair traders and whenever there is any maintenance work.

I wish this practice to end

I live in Surrey

What have you found?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @campaigntim, I personally have not noticed this. Yet there is a need for more blue badge spaces!
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, I had arranged to pick a friend up at a railway station. When we got there..the roads close by  were closed for a beer festival!. We had to park elsewhere and I had to go I my wheelchair over cobbles, uneven pavements to find my friend. She is also disabled and together we returned to the car. I had to ask those setting up to remove obstacles.

Then when it was time for her to leave, we the same problem in reverse. It spoiled our rare meetings.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    I have not driven for over two years ( due to menieres...it comes and goes) i let my blue badge run out ( last december) ...but it would be handy if my sons were taking me out anywhere . I know that the government said they would crack down on misuse ...but i believe that misuse was mostly due to there being no other spaces for able bodied drivers so some of them would just park in disabled spaces . I will have to reapply for a blue badge ...i heard it's very hard to get a blue badge these days ...so i will need to look into it .

Brightness