LCWRA PAYMENTS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA PAYMENTS

BOOKIE68
BOOKIE68 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
Hi ?
Can anyone tell me if your lcwra payments are added to your uc monthly payments please ? 
Thank you! X

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If awarded LCWRA then yes the payment will be added to your UC amount. I see from another thread that you didn't send your first fit note until December https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/68669/uc-lcwra-assessment#latest

If you are awarded LCWRA then the extra money isn't paid until the 4th month of your claim because there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. When it will be paid from will depend on your assessment period dates.

If you've now had the work capability assessment then wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. If you need help to understand it then please post back here and someone will help you further.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BOOKIE68
    Hi poppy thank you so much for your help/reply , yes I have now had my assessment (thank God that's over! ) it went very well, yes I put in my first fit note December 5th 2019 , my assessment period is showing dates as 25th January to 24th February, if I'm getting it right as to what assessment period dates are , I've just checked my journal and that's the dates its showing me Thank you for your support on here as to explaining everything, I do find it all quite overwhelming but it is really lovely to have such support here thank you! X
  • BOOKIE68
    Hi poppy thank you so much for your help/reply , yes I have now had my assessment (thank God that's over! ) it went very well, yes I put in my first fit note December 5th 2019 , my assessment period is showing dates as 25th January to 24th February, if I'm getting it right as to what assessment period dates are , I've just checked my journal and that's the dates its showing me Thank you for your support on here as to explaining everything, I do find it all quite overwhelming but it is really lovely to have such support here thank you! X
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome, based on that information then if you're awarded LCWRA then you won't receive your first payment until April because the first month you sent it doesn't count because the waiting period is 3 full assessment periods. Then it's paid on the 4th month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • BOOKIE68
    Thank you Poppy , 
    I really appreciate your help, it's great when someone understands all of this! I would of never been able to work it out ! X
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome. Yes the benefit system isn't easy to understand and UC is even worse. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for the decision. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.