Sore sensation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sore sensation

Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
Hi everyone
I need to pick your brains!
I am a full time wheelchair user and for the past week I have felt as if I have sores at the top of the back of my legs and onto bum.
My wife has checked me over and nothing but it feels so sore!
Is it possible that this could be pressure damage under the skin or would that show as red or inflamed?
If not could it be further nerve damage spreading?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sorry we are unable to give medical advice . You should discuss with your GP or contact NHS helpline.  Hope it isn't anything too concerning 
  • Zec Richardson
    janer1967 said:
    Hi sorry we are unable to give medical advice . You should discuss with your GP or contact NHS helpline.  Hope it isn't anything too concerning 

Fair enough, it is more annoying than anything else as it is making being sat in the chair uncomfortable.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I understand that I am wheelchair user too . It's important to dry skin properly and maybe apply moisturiser after bathing . But only do this after consulting gp about the soreness as cream could aggravate it . Also use non feangeanced 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I am also a full time wheelchair user.

I take amitriptyline for nerve pain. Check your meds.
    There are a few ways this problem could be tackled.

How long have you had your chair support cushions? I recently had mine changed after 3 years and the difference is amazing for bum pain and back pain.

how long have you had your chair? Could it be that it needs changing to suit you better.

Do you have a progressive condition which is worsening?

• Zec Richardson
    Hi, I am also a full time wheelchair user.

I take amitriptyline for nerve pain. Check your meds.
    There are a few ways this problem could be tackled.

How long have you had your chair support cushions? I recently had mine changed after 3 years and the difference is amazing for bum pain and back pain.

how long have you had your chair? Could it be that it needs changing to suit you better.

Do you have a progressive condition which is worsening?

Actually I hadn't thought about my cushion!
    I got a new chair late last year with new cushion, maybe that?

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Zec Richardson, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

• Zec Richardson
    Hi @Zec Richardson, how are you getting on? :)

Still feeling a bit sore but I have had a flare up and so not been sat in chair for long periods, so that has helped.
    I need to see the GP really, but it's not urgent!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry you are having a flare up at the moment @Zec Richardson. I hope you're able see your GP soon.
    Scope

• Laborador
    Laborador Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Hi There, how are you getting on? I used to be a nurse, so am always interested in all things medical. However, it would be irresponsible to give you medical advice (especially without having seen your rear!) See a GP or one of the nurses, as depending on the nurse, sometimes you can get some really good advice and if they are worried can call the doc in to see you. Bottoms are much more important than we realise and by both their position and their very nature get less attention than they deserve. Cushions need more turning and changing than we appreciate, and sometimes just need a bit of a break. Best of Luck

Brightness